Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Intro

Well, as far as introductions go, you aren't gonna get much from me. This is going to just be a place where I dump thoughts.

It's 11am, plumbers are in the basement jackhammering away. I'm gonna try to squeeze in a nap - despite the noise.

Didn't sleep at all last night. Tossed and turned and couldn't slow my brain down.

It was one of those situations where events seem to conspire against you. A lot is going on, and my brain was trying to work them all out at the same time. It's a bottleneck.

As the night drew on, all I kept thinking was "If I fall asleep right now I'll get X hours of sleep". But that puts more pressure on me, and sleep became even more elusive.

Having all that time to ruminate does have hidden benefits. In the silence, I heard her hum in her sleep. A little song, just 6 or 7 notes. She says she hears music when she dreams. I feel like I got a little insight into them with that little song.

No comments:

Post a Comment