Thursday, December 30, 2010

I've established the disease, not the cure

I have discovered the root of Lieberman’s ‘sickness’.  Here’s a little context. 

My LBS told me my bottom bracket couldn’t be replaced, and that it’s likely it will degrade completely over this winter.  

This is problematic for several reasons. 

Most importantly – I bike everywhere.  As such, a contingency plan had to be hatched. 

That’s how I came to posses a new GT.  I’ll post pics later.  At any rate, I digress.  I

t would seem that my current fenders don’t deflect snow, slush, water, rocks etc. from hitting the bottom bracket.  It just builds up.  I brush it off after sticky sessions, but apparently it isn’t enough.  Here’s evidence. 

When Lieberman bites it, I’ll have to do a better job keeping the BB clear on the GT.


No comments:

Post a Comment