Both the Ottawa Citizen and the Ottawa Sun posted articles about City Council musings regarding the potential of bike licensing in Ottawa.
- Help pay for cycling infrastructure (as I assume he feels cyclists aren’t property owners and tax payers already).
- Help Police identify wrongdoers.
- Aid in reducing bike thefts.
- Ensure safe cycling.
- The difficulty in keeping databases complete and current.
- The difficulty in licensing children, given that they ride bikes too.
- The fact that licensing in and of itself does not change the behaviour of cyclists who are disobeying traffic laws.